Co-creation is the concept that consumers are directly involved in the devising, and sometime delivery, of new products and services. This is something that Vision Critical are interested in. This is because this operation “provides a cloud-based customer intelligence platform that allows companies to build engaged, secure communities of customers they can use continuously, across the enterprise, for ongoing, real-time feedback and insight”. Hence it provides short case studies of co-creation at work (here).
The examples it presents are an interesting bunch:
- DEWALT – this power tool manufacturer has an “insight community” of 10,000 end users which provides feedback on all aspects of its products.
- LEGO – has on online community that can vote of new product ideas.
- DHL – has hosted 6,000 workshops with customers devoted to NPD and continuous improvement.,
- Manchester City F.C. – adopted a variety of approaches when developing its smart phone presence.
- Made.com – the Made Unboxed online community decides which new furniture designs should go into production.