USA Today report that Google Glass is working with five new partners to explore how their technology might be used in the workplace. For this ‘Glass At Work’ initiative, the five are:
- Pristine (Texas-based developers of secure video communication for health care workers)
- Ubimax (a German company specialising in the flow of manufacturing and order picking in factories)
- Interapt (Kentucky-based consultant that help fast food companies improve employee training)
- AMA (a French company which specializes in telemedicine)
- Augmate (a New York company focused on bringing hands-free, real-time information to the so-called deskless work force).
Interapt’s CEO has already trialed training new employees within Yum Brands (Taco Bell and KFC) and believes it could make a 2% saving on labour costs.