The BBC has started screening a series of four (!) programmes about coffees shops in the UK, in collaboration with the Open University. This page explains more and provides clips from the first show.
Although not designed as an ‘Operations Insight’, there is much to be learned about OM from this series, such as:
- operations strategy of the biggest operators
- order winners in this sector
- organisational culture of Starbucks and Costa
- aspects of their servicescape
- nature of customer service
- employment and work in the sector