Deloitte conduct an annual survey of Chief Procurement Officers from around the world. The full report can be found here (including a video and useful infographics), but the headlines are:
- cost reduction is still main priority for CPOs, but new product and mew market development have also become priorities;
- 61% of the 180 responders reported only somewhat effective at delivering value to their stakeholders;
- the main barriers to delivering value were misaligned objectives and lack of resource;
- half of respondents feel that procurement related risk has increased since 2012, but the type of risk varies from one industry sector to another;
- many CPOs are investing in analytics.